Welcome

Welcome to Dana Peterson Photography. It has been a fantastic year! I have a few more sessions to finish in December and then 2012 will be history. THANK YOU to such wonderful clients! I wish you a Merry Christmas. I look forward to more sessions in 2013. It will be here before we know it! On this site you will find images of many of my photo sessions, a bit from my own life and lots and lots of my own kids.
For more photos and sessions feel free to check my Facebook Page.

hula hoop assignment

My latest assignment was to toss a hula hoop. Using that as a working area, take 5 and only 5 pictures of what is insde the hula hoop. Then stand inside of it and take 5 and only five photos of things (not moving outside of that circle.

Problem #1, I don't have a hula hoop. So, I used my imagination.

This assignment was great! No practice shots and I am not editing any of these...Most of the exposures are way off...

Inside the hula hoop:

#1



#2



#3



#4



#5



Me inside the hula hoop taking pictures of what's around me.

#1



#2



#3


#4


#5 ( I had to beg him to come close enough)

What I learned:
1) I could never be a film photographer. Everything would come out all wrong. Actually, I already knew that. The BW Film photography class I took 10 years ago in college gave me my first clue. Thank goodness for digital!
2) Before clicking away, I need to get in the practice of checking settings and nailing composition. I only need one great or "right" shot not 20 kinda good ones. I should take the time to get it right the first (or second) time.
3) I love taking pictures. Someday I hope I can make money doing it.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Great pictures, love the colors and I couldn't have done that in my yard it would have only been barkdust or grass.